Photos of Leyte Gulf or Kursk convention sets?
Lee
2004-05-29 01:54:31 UTC
I've thought off and on about buying one of these from the Club. Does
anyone have detailed photos or links to any?

Thanks,
Lee
(remove the dang spam to reply)
Leonard T. Armstrong
2004-05-29 03:33:26 UTC
The club has pretty good detailed shots right on their website, although its
not always easy to find them. Getting the direct URLs can be tought becuase
of the use of HTML frames but I think these should work:

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/sanfrancisco/conventionpremiums.shtml

http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/norfolk/12exclusive.cfm

From an owner of both I tell you that these are both great sets. I love the
use of non-English talkers on the Japanese, Russian, and German guys and the
uniforms are really cool and high quality.

-- Leonard
JOEZETA
2004-05-29 03:55:28 UTC
Cool, anyone here have any of these sets forsale or trade? ive got a Couple of
Club Talking Astros and AT Air Adv. towards trade.

Joezeta
Astrojoe62
2004-06-05 05:22:05 UTC
I have a loose Kursk set I'd be willing to trade for a loose Leyte Gulf set.

Craig S.
AstroJoe62
Joezeta
Lee
2004-05-29 14:09:09 UTC
Thanks... I had seen those two links a while back, but had forgotten where
they were! As an owner, if you had to pick one set of the two, which would
it be?

Thanks,
Post by Leonard T. Armstrong
http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/norfolk/12exclusive.cfm
From an owner of both I tell you that these are both great sets. I love
the use of non-English talkers on the Japanese, Russian, and German guys
and the uniforms are really cool and high quality.
-- Leonard
Leonard T. Armstrong
2004-05-29 14:52:11 UTC
I think I would go for the Leyte gulg set becuase I'm a sucker for dress
unis and the Letye set has both Japanese and American battleship captain
formals.

Other than a very expensive set once sold from customizers (I think it was a
group called "Soldiers Thru Time" and I also believe they are now defunct)
I've never seen US Navy dress whites anywhere else.

-- Leonard
Post by Lee
Post by Leonard T. Armstrong
http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/norfolk/12exclusive.cfm
From an owner of both I tell you that these are both great sets. I love
-- Leonard
Gunner
2004-05-29 15:54:08 UTC
I concur.

The Leyte Gulf Set ROCKS!!!

I think there IS one customizer still around doing USN unis. I haven't been
in a position to order any, so I can provide any feedback...

Greg "Gunner" Stitz
Post by Lee
Thanks... I had seen those two links a while back, but had forgotten where
they were! As an owner, if you had to pick one set of the two, which
would
Post by Lee
it be?
Thanks,
Post by Leonard T. Armstrong
Post by Lee
Post by Leonard T. Armstrong
http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/norfolk/12exclusive.cfm
From an owner of both I tell you that these are both great sets. I love
-- Leonard
Lee

Gary Braswell
2004-05-30 01:31:15 UTC
Seeing that Leyte Gulf set brings back some wastefulness. Its a
beautiful set.

I live in VA, planned to go to the convention, saved money up for it.
Could not wait to get the set.

Then the economy went bad, I got laid off and I had to pass it by. First
time the convention is here and with figs I would love as my dad fought
in the Leyte Gulf series of battles in the Navy.

But it was not to be.

Maybe one day I will snag the set.
Post by Leonard T. Armstrong
The club has pretty good detailed shots right on their website, although its
not always easy to find them. Getting the direct URLs can be tought becuase
http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/sanfrancisco/conventionpremiums.shtml
http://www.mastercollector.com/neat/gijoe/norfolk/12exclusive.cfm
From an owner of both I tell you that these are both great sets. I love the
Gary Braswell
Lee
2004-06-03 18:56:27 UTC
Post by Lee
I've thought off and on about buying one of these from the Club. Does
anyone have detailed photos or links to any?
Thanks,
Lee
Funny, right after my last post to this thread, I found the Kursk set on
ebay. I really didn't expect to win - last time I saw one it never met the
reserve - but I won this one for 10 bucks more than the last auction
stopped at.

Considering that I occasionally think about quitting this hobby, it was
definitely more expensive than I like to spend on Joe stuff, but at least
it was cheaper than the Club.

Anyway, what a set! I don't collect WWII stuff, but I really love the
detail and quality of this package (and I haven't even opened the baggies
yet). Also, hearing the Russian and German speaking their own languages is
just too cool.

Lee
--
(remove the dang spam to reply)